What is the best snowboard? It’s a question we get asked on a daily basis and a question that has ruined many a Whitelines staff night out. Truth be told, the best snowboard isn’t determined by the product itself; it’s determined by the rider. Finding the right deck is an entirely subjective decision, based on your ability level, budget and, crucially, where you like to spend your time on the mountain. Are you lapping the park, pistes or powder? Are you getting your kicks in resort or out of bounds?
“Truth be told, the best snowboard isn’t determined by the product itself; it’s determined by the rider”
Regardless of what you’re in the market for, there’s an abundance of choice. Frankly, the sheer quantity of options can be one of the most challenging aspects to overcome when picking out your next snowboard. Luckily, there’s no such thing as a bad board, per se – at least not in our Buyer’s Guide – but having trust in your equipment and confidence in your decision making process is essential.
Below, you’ll find a hand-picked selection of our favourite snowboards for this year. This contains the best freeride snowboards, park and freestyle snowboards, all-mountain snowboards, and some of our favourite splitboard and kids snowboard highlights. You’ll find everything from weird and wonderful volume-shifted powder twins to hard-charging park destroyers.
If you’re shopping for the first time or are still confused by some of the technical jargon then we’ve also put together some handy video explainers. Take a look at the links below for some useful advice.
How To Choose A Snowboard
- Stiff vs Soft Snowboards
- What Size Snowboard Do I Need?
- Camber vs Rocker
- Snowboard Shapes Explained
- Do You Need A Wide Snowboard?
As always, we’ve reached out to our extensive test team of ex-pros, retail staff, park crews, coaches, instructors and dedicated shred-heads for their tester verdicts. Given the nature of this season, not every product includes a verdict, but after weeks of trade shows, catching up with brands and pro riders, and scrutinising every product’s innovation, sustainability, originality and functionality, we believe we’ve compiled a list of this season’s best products.
“Let’s hope winter 21/22 is a turn up for the books”
Take a scroll through the list and, if any product catches your eye, click on the links underneath each description to access the full in-depth review, pics and first-hand rider’s verdicts. It’s been a funny old year, hasn’t it? It’s fair to say we’re all looking forward to seeing the back of 2021 and starting to look ahead to brighter times ahead – hopefully in the mountains, riding with our crew. Let’s hope winter 21/22 is a turn up for the books.
Happy shopping, folks. We’ll see you on the mountain!
Best Snowboards 2021-2022
- Bataleon Whatever – Best Men’s All-Mountain Snowboard
- Nidecker Venus – Best Women’s All-Mountain Snowboard
- Burton Hometown Hero (Unisex) – Best Freeride Snowboard
- CAPiTA Pathfinder – Best Men’s Freestyle Snowboard
- YES. Rival – Best Women’s Freestyle Snowboard
- Amplid Souly Grail – Best Men’s Newcomer Snowboard
- Rome Muse – Best Women’s Newcomer Snowboard
- Jones Aviator 2.0 – Best Men’s Advanced Snowboard
- Salomon Bellevue – Best Women’s Advanced Snowboard
- Korua Shapes Escalator Split Plus – Best Splitboard Snowboard
- Weston Hatchet – Best Men’s Volume Shifted Snowboard
- K2 Special Effects – Best Unisex Volume Shifted Snowboard