- Price: £330
- Sizes: 150, 153, 155, 157
- Width: Normal
- Flex: 3
They say: Power ballads through the park.
We say: A sweet little jib stick that combines Burton’s ‘V-Rocker’ with ‘Mid Spoon’ between the bindings. This means it’s super-playful and frisky. Perhaps a bit twitchy at very high speeds, but you’ll never catch an edge again!
Tester says: The perfect park board! V-rocker works amazingly as it is so predictable and easy to press.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 1977
- HQ: Burlington, Vermont, USA
- History lesson: If there’s one brand that needs no introducing on this list, then this is probably it. Burton is now the world’s biggest and most successful board manufacturer, with good reason, but it wasn’t always that way. Starting out of his garage in Vermont in 1977, Jake Burton Carpenter was apparently laughed at by the likes of Tom Sims when he turned up to early tradeshows with his first modified snurfers. But he learnt quickly. Soon Burton was out-doing its rivals in terms of tech, and by the end of the eighties it scored a massive coup by poaching Sims’ greatest talent – a young man called Craig Kelly. Since then, Burton has grown at a phenomenal rate, pushing the sport at every stage of its development.
- Ridden by: The best riders in the world. And a lot of punters who believe buying a board with a big B on will make them look like the best riders in the world. So pretty much everyone then.