- Price: £455
- Sizes: 158, 162, 162W, 165, 165W, 168, 168W, 172, 176
- Width: Normal, Wide, Extra-Wide
- Flex: 7
They say: Provides incomparable edge hold and fall line speed.
We say: Coming in at the more freeride focussed end of the all-mountain spectrum, this rocker-camber combo is built for pistes and powder. Not the best park rat’s board, but then MFR stands for ‘Men’s Freeride’ so you’d be silly to expect that.
Tester says: Cuts through crud like a dream, and floats sweetly in pow.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 1990
- HQ: Whistler, BC, Canada
- History lesson: Chris Prior started out making windsurf boards in Vancouver, but saw the light in 1990 and started building snowboards out of his garage. Within a couple of years, the company had outgrown his home. In 2000, Prior moved its operations up to the snowboarding mecca of Whistler to be closer to the snow, and developed the web-based sales model which it keeps up to this day.
- Ridden by: Canadians who’ll disappear into the backcountry for weeks at a time, returning with a massive beard, tales of epic pow, and a dead bear over their shoulders. Probably.