- Price: £250
- Sizes: 149, 152, 155, 158, 155W
- Width: Normal, Wide
- Flex: 5
They say: Witness the sickness.
We say: Slightly more advanced technologically than the Merc, the Era is pitched at the intermediate all-mountain or park rider looking to improve. It’s I-rock profile makes it less solid, but easier to ride.
Tester says: Nice and poppy for a reverse camber stick, but still soft enough for novices.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 2002
- HQ: San Clemente, CA, USA
- History lesson: Back in 1992, when board design was still finding its feet and some freestyle riders – well, Damien Sanders – still rocked hard boots, Werner Jettmar, a product design specialist, was given a task – design a better way of fixing feet to a snowboard than the standard strap-in biding. When he eventually came back with his answer – the Flow binding – his backers decided to start a brand around the invention. A few years later, that brand started building boards.
- Ridden by: The kind of juvenile pipe jock who’ll bust 15-foot out with a floaty method, snake you in the queue and then try and steal your girlfriend on the T-bar. She’ll be impressed until she sees him trying his luck with a fake ID at the bar.