- Price: £355
- Sizes: 153, 157, 157W, 161, 161W, 164
- Width: Normal, Wide
- Flex: 6
They say: A true do-it-all shred machine.
We say: A freestyle twin with a reasonably stiff poplar and beech composite core. Ridden by none other than the UK’s Tyler Chorlton, this is designed for spinning big, and riding hard as well as throwing in the occasional butter.
Tester says: Classic Bataleon board, awesome straight down-the-middle ride.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 2003
- HQ: Tacoma, Washington State, USA
- History lesson: Bataleon burst onto the snowboarding scene a couple of years back with a blizzard of publicity surrounding their patented Triple Base Technology (TBT). The idea – that the sides of the base were angled upwards near the edges – was embraced by jibbers the world over who were sick and tired of catching edges and eating shit. This was back in the murky days before the arrival of reverse camber changed everything. Of course, Bataleon would tell you that reverse camber changed very little and it’s actually a poor man’s TBT…
- Ridden by: A few years ago all the cool kids riding Bataleon boards wore tall basketball tees, trousers that hung round their ankles, and plenty of bling. Now the same bunch seem to be rocking tight pants and lumberjack shirts. Go figure.