- Price: £450
- Sizes: 140, 145, 148, 151, 153, 155, 156, 159
- Width: Normal
- Flex: 6
They say: The most versatile board on the mountain.
We say: Amplid’s do anything work horse. This board features the German brand’s ‘superlight’ wood core, which has extra dampening elements to make carving up corduroy and cutting through crud easy.
Tester says: Light, poppy and turns easily, but still holds an edge at speed.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 2005
- HQ:< Fischbachau, Germany/li>
- History lesson: Amplid came from the head and the hard work of German pro Peter Bauer and his business partner Anian. Peter won an overall world championship with Burton back in the eighties, when men were real men, neon was really neon and riders competed in both slalom and halfpipe. Right from the start Amplid decided to build freestyle skis as well as boards, sensibly putting what Bauer refers to as the skier-snowboarder “apartheid era” behind them.
- Ridden by: Shredders who are cool enough to care that their board is built by a small, core, ‘real’ brand, but geeky enough to get into the precision German tech spec. It’s all about the vorsprung durch technik you know!