The snowboard world was rocked last year when Burton announced the passing of their fearless leader Jake Burton Carpenter. From his days moonlighting making snowboards in Vermont to captaining the biggest ship in the industry, Jake passionately championed the sport, steadfastly supported the underdog and continuously provided the stoke.
“The first annual ‘A Day for Jake’ will be held on Friday 13th March 2020 to bring together the snowboard community”
The first annual ‘A Day for Jake’ will be held on Friday 13th March 2020 to bring together the snowboard community to honour Jake the best way they know how- going snowboarding. 13 resorts around the world are offering free lift tickets to any snowboarder that pre-registers online.
Free lift tickets available at:
- Boyne Mountain, Michigan, USA
- Summit at Snoqualmie, Washington, USA
- Big Sky Resort, Montana, USA
- Copper Mountain/Woodward Copper, Colorado, USA
- Boreal/Woodward Tahoe, California, USA
- Stratton Mountain, Vermont, USA
- Bear Mountain, California, USA
- Cypress Mountain, Vancouver, Canada
- Avoriaz, France
- Absolut Park, Flachauwinkl, Austria
- LAAX, Switzerland
- Madonna Di Campiglio, Italy
- Seki Onsen Resort, Nigata, Myoko, Japan
If you’re not near one of those resorts, take this as an invitation to go shred wherever you are. Take the time to remember why you fell in love with snowboarding, share some old memories and create some new ones with your crew and celebrate Jake’s life by doing what he loved best. Select resorts are even offering special ‘Learn to Ride’ packages for those who want to take the opportunity to jump in feet first and join this global community.
“Whoever you are, as long as you’re standing sideways, you’re invited”
Whoever you are, as long as you’re standing sideways, you’re invited. Get out there and get after it. Ride on Jake.