Sometimes the weather just doesn’t play ball, and ticking off runs can be about as much fun as a trip through the carwash with your windows down. That’s why we fill a page each month with potential chalet entertainment. But what if you’ve only got one precious week away, and you’re determined to ride every day regardless of the conditions? That’s where these funky little snowboard games can come in handy. Just grab a mate as keen as yourself and you’ll find there’s loads of fun to be had simply pissing about on the baby slopes or jibbing around in the park. You’re only limited by your imagination…
This is a super fun and pretty easy trick to try. Also the fact that your buddy is making you rotate means that you’re pulling a tech box jib with only half the effort. Bonus!
- Try and find a decent sized box like the one in the shot here, and make sure it has a nice kicker leading onto it too - this will make life easier.
- Get your mate to stand about a quarter of the way along the box with the arm he’s going to spin you with outstretched. You could leave him hanging here like a wally for a bit if you’re feeling cruel.
- You can either half-cab onto the box or do a regular 180 onto it. Go for the half cab for added steez - you might actually find this easier since you’ll be back in your regular stance when your mate starts the spin.
- Ride up switch with your front hand out so your buddy can see which one to grab. You don’t need too much speed for your first attempts - you’ll only end up clattering arms and elbows if you come flying in.
- Ride up the kicker slightly crouched and relaxed, then pop a half cab off the lip by gently rotating your shoulders in the direction of the spin. As you’re doing this, keep your arm outstretched so your mate can grab it and give you the necessary wang.
- As your helpful assistant grabs your arm you’ll have to work hard to keep your balance. Stay crouched and focus on keeping your weight over the box. Try and get a clean grip of his hand, then pull against their arm, almost sling-shotting yourself into the rotation as they let you go.
- You should now be in the perfect spin, all you have to do is maintain it and stay on the box… easy. Stay crouched and keep your weight nice and central over your board. It’s important that your board stays flat, otherwise you’ll soon slip onto your arse (or face). Basically you’ve got to trust that you won’t catch an edge – it might be an idea to de-tune your edges.
- As you reach the end of the box you’re aiming to finish the spin and pop off into your regular stance… hopefully with the look of someone who does this sort of thing everyday. Now get that arm out for your buddy and give him some wang.