- Price: £660
- Sizes: 155, 157, 159, 162W
- Width: Normal, Wide
- Flex: 6
They say: The dream machine.
We say: A super-high end pipe board built with the best riders – at least those who can afford that price tag. What you get for your money is a collection of the best tech ever put into a board, making it super-stable and super-light.
Tester says: Awesome board that just wants to go fast. Amazing in the pipe.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 1977
- HQ: Burlington, Vermont, USA
- History lesson: If there’s one brand that needs no introducing on this list, then this is probably it. Burton is now the world's biggest and most successful board manufacturer, with good reason, but it wasn't always that way. Starting out of his garage in Vermont in 1977, Jake Burton Carpenter was apparently laughed at by the likes of Tom Sims when he turned up to early tradeshows with his first modified snurfers. But he learnt quickly. Soon Burton was out-doing its rivals in terms of tech, and by the end of the eighties it scored a massive coup by poaching Sims’ greatest talent – a young man called Craig Kelly. Since then, Burton has grown at a phenomenal rate, pushing the sport at every stage of its development.
- Ridden by: The best riders in the world. And a lot of punters who believe buying a board with a big B on will make them look like the best riders in the world. So pretty much everyone then.