Weight saving is hugely important in the snowboard binding design game, even if it’s just a little - if you don’t believe us, pick up an old binder from the 90s (if you can) and you’ll see what we mean. In 2017/18 the K2 Formula has managed to lose a few more grams, enhancing what was already a terrific all-round binder.

The new-look highback on the K2 Formula is four-fifths of the weight of last year’s model, and we reckon it looks better too. It boasts just the right blend of support and tweakability, with things getting more flexible as you work your way up.

"The Formula has managed to lose a few more grams, enhancing what was already a terrific all-round binder"

Canted footbeds raise your boots on the outside of each foot, relieving uncomfortable pressure on your knees and improving the lot of those who prefer a wider stance. As for the baseplate itself, the nylon-based construction is strong yet lightweight, and features K2’s signature highback-adjusting system for easy customisation.

The toe strap on the K2 Formula may not look like much, but the urethane oval wraps perfectly around any boot, and is a lot tougher than you’d think. Meanwhile the ankle strap is a classic design that keeps you comfy no matter what kind of riding you prefer.

With a decade of proven performance at its back, the K2 Formula continues to set the standard for all-mountain functionality in a great-looking package, at a price we can all appreciate.

k2-formula-snowboard-bindings-2017-2018-review-detail-04
k2-formula-snowboard-bindings-2017-2018-review
k2-formula-snowboard-bindings-2017-2018-review

Tester's Verdict

Michael Read - snowfit.co.uk

“The K2 Formula is one of the most consistent snowboard bindings year on year; you know what you're going to get from the Formula as soon as you strap in.

"The highback and straps are suited someone that spends 90% of their time riding piste and powder, and the other 10% in the park"

The funnel ratchets make locating the ladder really quick and easy, and on the other side adjusting the length of the strap is also simple without the need for a screwdriver. The straps are really comfy and mould to the boot really nicely, distributing the pressure evenly.

The Formula’s highback and straps are more suited someone that spends 90% of their time riding piste and powder, and the other 10% in the park. It’s fairly solid, so not ideal for tweaking out those grabs.

If you're also looking to keep the weight down on your setup, you should definitely consider the Formula. Compared to other bindings that weigh the same as the Formula, it’s great value for money."

k2-formula-snowboard-bindings-2017-2018-review
k2-formula-snowboard-bindings-2017-2018-review