- Price: £220
- Sizes: 149, 153, 156, 159, 160W, 163W
- Width: Normal, Wide
- Flex: 3
They say: Budget boardin’ at it’s best.
We say: The Merc features Flow’s ‘EZRock’ profile, with gently raised contact points. This means it’s not as stable as some sticks, but it’s much harder to catch an edge. Combine this with the price, and this is a great beginner package.
Tester says: Soft and forgiving in the turn. Would suit novices nicely.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 2002
- HQ: San Clemente, CA, USA
- History lesson: Back in 1992, when board design was still finding its feet and some freestyle riders - well, Damien Sanders - still rocked hard boots, Werner Jettmar, a product design specialist, was given a task – design a better way of fixing feet to a snowboard than the standard strap-in biding. When he eventually came back with his answer – the Flow binding - his backers decided to start a brand around the invention. A few years later, that brand started building boards.
- Ridden by: The kind of juvenile pipe jock who’ll bust 15-foot out with a floaty method, snake you in the queue and then try and steal your girlfriend on the T-bar. She’ll be impressed until she sees him trying his luck with a fake ID at the bar.