- Price: £325
- Sizes: 145, 149, 153, 155, 157
- Width: Normal
- Flex: 5
They say: A skateboard for snow.
We say: An Apo classic, this mid-flexing true twin is a favourite with park rats all over the French Alps for a reason. The rocker will make butters, spins and presses as easy as pie. More of a jibber’s board than a proper piste carver though.
Tester says: Faster and more effortless ride with the new sintered base.
Buy It Here:
- Building boards since: 2003
- HQ: Aix-les-Bains, France
- History lesson: Apo started life as Apocalypse Snowboards in 1993, when Regis Rolland, the French snowboard pioneer responsible for the insane Apocalypse Snow trilogy, decided it was time to settle down and do something serious for a change. He’d obviously had enough of sailing catamarans down mountains... The company traded as A Boards for a while before disappearing and re-emerging as Apo in 2003.
- Ridden by: French rudeboys who hang around the snowparks of the Alps smoking ‘le shit’ and occasionally shaping a kicker or two. Their swallowtails are favoured by the kind of beardy blokes who ice-climb the glaciers of La Grave for fun, and won’t talk to you unless you’ve been caught in at least one avalanche.