I saw some strange things in Russia. These included:
- A man washing his armpits with snow up at the cross-country stadium.
- Tinned horse meat in the supermarket.
- “Beer cocktails” in an Irish pub. A phenomenon we should bring to the UK?
- Female police officers wearing thigh-high leather boots and mini skirts –and no one batting an eyelid.
- Stray dogs everywhere. In the stadiums. Sunbathing outside the media centre. Inside hotel lifts. On roofs. These creatures get around.
- A bearded bloke on rollerblades outside the main media centre, with three husky dogs on a single lead, holding a GoPro on a stick.