The Burton AM Tour finished its fourth season in Val Senales/Italy. Once again, one of Europe’s largest amateur freestyle snowboarding contest series, pushed snowboarding to a new level. Almost 600 riders made use of the perfect park conditions and the organisation of the tour stops. The series started in Bispingen/Germany, travelled over 25,000 kilometers and covered twelve resorts in twelve different countries. Throughout the winter, the tour crew had to fight countless snowstorms, spent several days on ferries and had to deal with customs officials in many countries. Tour partner Volvo Cars always helped maintain the high quality and good vibes of the tour.
All Burton AM Tour stops were Swatch TTR 2-star events. With various nationalities taking part in each event, the tour had a multicultural atmosphere throughout the season. The overall tour winners were Dutch riders Bob Van Unnik, winner of the Junior Boys category and Rachida Aoulad-El-Haj-Amar, winner of the Junior Girls category. Congratulations also to the 13-year-old Slovenian sensation Tim-Kevin Ravnjak for winning the Youth Boys title for the third year in a row; and to British rider Katie Ormerod, overall winner of the Youth Girls category. The four overall AM Tour winners received a full Burton European Open 2010 package, which contains the starting slot for the slopestyle competition, the on-site board and lodging and a Volvo VIP transport from their home to the Burton European Open in Laax 2010 and back.
This is what Tim-Kevin Ravnjak had to say about his third AM Tour title: “The AM Tour is a sick series. You get to meet loads of people and ride different places. I’m happy and proud of winning the tour for the third time. Of course I will try hard next season to grab yet another title. Thanks to Burton for pulling off such an amazing tour!”
Ivar Fougstedt, Burton Europe’s Marketing Director, is also happy with the event series: “The tour’s credo has been ‘Join – Create – Progress’ and this is exactly what the kids have done. Throughout the season the Burton AM Tour has been testament to the progression of European snowboarding. The AM Tour remains one of the best ways to push and grow freestyle snowboarding.”Final ranking Burton AM Tour 2008/09
1. VAN UNNIK BOB / DEN HAAG / NED / 19 / p 6643
2. EGELMEERS ASTON / MARIAHOUT / NED / 14 / p 6445
3. HIERONS CODY / CHATHAM / GBR / 15 / p 6406
1. AOULAD-EL-HAJ-AMAR RACHIDA / ZOETERMEER / NED / 15 / p 5885
2. VAN DAMME EVI / BERCHEM / BEL / 17 / p 3736
3. KWIECIEN KASIA / TYCHY / POL / 19 / p 3736
1. RAVNJAK TIM-KEVIN / VELENJE / SLO / 13 / p 8000
2. RUPP GINO / ZOETERMEER / NED / 14 / p 7885
3. TAYLOR SEAN / ZOETERMEER / NED / 13 / p 7170
1. ORMEROD KATIE / BRIGHOUSE / GBR / 11 / p 6000
2. KOLODZIEJ KLEMENTYNA / TYCHY / POL / 13 / p 5621
3. MOSKAL ALICJA / KRAKOW / POL / 14 / p 3770