Because we love the French really (the term ‘frogs’ is one of affection, honestly!) we’ve decided to offer one of our readers the chance to spend some time learning their language, as well as riding their awesome mountains. Oh, and we’ve thrown in the usual boards boots and bindings set-up (this time the kit comes from Finnish superstar Eero Ettala) with all the outerwear, a backpack and gloves.
So apart from the chance to learn a few choice swear words in French, heres what our lucky winner will be getting.
• A Nitro Eero Ettala pro-model snowboard, signed by this month’s interviewee himself. Check out what this sick all-round stick can do in the right hands in Whitelines December issue.
• A pair of Nitro Eero Ettala signature boots. Based on the Anthem boot, these mid-flex beauties allow Eero to kill it on park, pow and rails.
• A pair of Raiden Battery Bindings in Eero’s signature colours. Good-looking and hard-working, these won’t let you down.
• A pair of Electric EG2 goggles, as rocked by Fellow Scandi superstar Andreas Wiig.
• A pair of O’Neill Hammered Pants and an O’Neill Brodown Jacket to keep you toasty warm when you head up the hill.
• A pair of Dakine Bronco gloves.
• A Dakine Helipack. Everyone knows you need a backpack to ride Chamonix properly.
• A two-week French language course with Insted – a local language school established over a decade ago. The course will include accommodation, and the language you learn will be snowboard-focussed, so you can be comparing your “cent quatre-vignt backs" with the local park-rat rudeboys in no time. Instead students also get a 25 per cent discount on Chamonix lift passes.
And you can get your hands on all this stuff by answering this easy question. And don’t worry it’s in English.
If you get stuck, check out Eero's interview in the December issue of Whitelines. That may give you a clue.