The meme. It first appeared around 3500 BC when some wag drew an eagle on a sarcophagus, and before long the same eagle was appearing in various guises on Egyptian comment threads everywhere.
Memes are the catchphrases of our time – they get funnier every time. Work life? Relationships? Donald Trump? There's a meme to sum up everything (and if by any chance there isn't, you can always make a new one).
Snowboarding, of course, is not immune. Why make a reasoned Facebook argument about Shaun White's latest comeback when can say it with a sarcastic screengrab from Game of Thrones? Heck, one guy has even gathered 20,000 fans just from posting his own pithy gems.
So without further ado, here are a few of our faves. Y U No using them already?
1) We feel your pain, bro
2) Assessing the competition
3) For when you've had enough of arguments over 'style' vs 'spin to win'
4) You know what Mr Morgan, you're not bad at this snowboard thing
5) Progression is tough
6) Inconvenient truth
7) Captain Slow
8) Shaun sure loves his bling...
9) ... a little too much
10) Ah, the beloved tw*t gap
11) Like a boss!
12) Dream girl
13) Not so dream girl
14) But Gene Wilder's less easily impressed
15) The shaper's nemesis
16) Grumpy shred veteran
17) Simple pleasures
18) This time next year, Rodney...
19) Because everyone loves a pun
20) Spoiling for a fight
21) Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the pipe
22) Pump your brakes
23) Peer pressure's a bitch
24) For deployment beneath every new edit, ever
25) Shoot on sight
26) Tag a frend...
27) Tease a fwend...
28) Not your friend
29) Because x=(n+1)*
* Where x is the perfect number of boards, and n is the number of boards currently owned
30) How legends are made
31) Trick nazi smack down
32) For the overconfident person in your life
33) The ESF refrain
34) Punter rage
35) Fashion police
36) The struggle is real
37) Debate snowboarding? But everything is awesome
Bonus) Because telling the internet always makes you feel better
Got any favourite snowboard memes we didn't include? Add 'em in the comments!