Fancy joining the UK’s premier snowboard magazine and writing, shooting, and talking about snowboarding for a living? Well you’re in luck… Whitelines have just started the search for a full time online editor to join the team in our London based office.
Check out the full details, including how to apply below.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and commissioning original written content
- Creating and commissioning original video content
- Managing contributors
- Ensuring SEO best practice is adhered to
- Maintaining and building on WL’s social media presence, including FB, Twitter, Instagram
- Monitoring/interpreting Google Analytics
- Attending and reporting on industry events, including snowboard competitions and tradeshows
- Reviewing snowboard products
- Working closesly with editorial, marketing, development and sales teams to ensure that a coherent brand image is maintained across all platforms
- Identifying areas for development, building on WL’s online identity and growing traffic
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of one year’s journalistic or blogging experience and/or proven creative writing skills e.g. English degree
- Experience managing social media accounts for a large brand
- Experience using WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO and writing for the web
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Ability to film and edit video (Adobe Premiere/Final Cut)
- Photography skills (using SLR + Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom)
The candidate must have a burning passion for snowboarding and an in-depth knowledge of the sport, including product.
Industry/retail experience is advantageous
Please send your CV, plus any samples of your work and THREE article ideas for the ‘features’ section of whitelines.com to:
Your ideas can include photos or videos if appropriate. Deadline 26th July 2013.