28/12/2013 | by duthie
APPROX. TIME: 5 to 10 minutes
WORKS ON: gluteal, quadriceps
HELPS MY RIDING BY: training muscles to take impact when landing tricks in the park and improve speed when transitioning between features
1) Begin by standing in the centre of the clock face in a mini squat position with hips, knees and ankles aligned, and torso positioned in a slightly tilted forward position, and arms in the ‘jump ready’ upright position.
2) Jump using your arms, aim to land at different points of the clock face moving through a mixture of rotations 45/90/180′s, both in an anticlockwise or clockwise directions.
3) Finish each time in the mini squat position.
Build up to reps of 10 jumps.
- The aim is to land with quiet feet finishing in a strong, sound landing position.
- To progress simply, jump quicker and challenge the quality of landing. You should drop into a squat as soon as you touch the ground, to manage the stress of the landing.