28/12/2013 | by duthie
APPROX TIME: 5 to 10 minutes
WORKS ON: Gluteal muscles
HELPS MY RIDING BY: strengthening bum muscles
1) Lie on your back, knees bent, feet on floor hip width apart. Hands relaxed at your sides.
2) Drive through your feet lifting hips off the floor by using your bum muscles to complete this. Continue to lift hip until there is a straight line through your shoulders/hips and knees.
3) Slowly lower hips lightly touch down and repeat.
Repeat 10 times.
If this starts to feel a little too easy, progress onto this version…
1) Lie on back with one leg bent with the foot flat on the floor. The other leg should be bent and held in a raised position with arms relaxed down beside you.
2) Drive forward through the foot of the bent leg, lifting hips up into extension as before again using your bum muscles. The none-working leg should remain bent and in a raised position with a real focus on maintaining a neutral pelvis position throughout.
3) Slowly lower and repeat.
Repeat 10 times, alternating legs and build up as you can.