FatBlades are essentially snowblades that use snowboard boots and bindings. Check out this video (the only one on their website that actually works):
Don’t get us wrong; we totally understand why people would want to ditch ski boots – those clasp-covered torture implements are one of the main reasons we turned to snowboarding in the first place – but this really isn’t what we would have thought anyone’s next step would be.
Mind you, there are clearly enough people out there who see these as a good idea; the FatBlade Kickstarter raised more than double its CAN$10,000 target, and that was without even selling any of their ‘Corporate Edition’ models (yours for a mere $3,500 investment).
- “Dare to be different! Fatblades give the rider a new and exciting way to descend all types of mountain terrain”
- “The shoulder wide stance you adopt while riding your Fatblades is bold and aggressive”
- “Tricks, turns, twists and pirouettes are very easy to learn”
- “They elevate the rider to the level of the snowline which means the rider surfs cross the top of soft snow.”
- “In the snow-parks they are short, compact and agile making them great for tricks and stunts.”
What do you think? Is there a place for FatBlades on this list? Let us know in the comments below.