1. Les Arcs, France

Photo: ALAMY
Photo: ALAMY

Les Arcs has always been a firm favourite with us Brits, and it’s no surprise. With nearly 50 beginner pistes and easy access to and from all the villages, it is an ideal resort if you’re thinking about strapping in for the first time.

Plenty of lifts are free to use and these serve an array of blue runs which are mainly wide and pretty quiet. Handily, many of the easier runs to learn on are situated in and around the villages of 2000 and 1950 and there’s also ‘ski tranquille’ zones dotted around the resort so you won’t be cut up by any locals as you go.

All in all, Les Arcs deserves it’s place as one of the top beginner resorts in the world. It’s mega family-friendly and caters for just about everyone, whether you’re a complete newbie or a seasoned pro. Luckily for the beginners out there, about 60% of the resort is perfect to learn the ropes whilst the other 40% will be rideable after a few week’s practice.

X

Also in Features

Team GB Fantasy Football Squad

Read More